Nomination Terms and Conditions
The current applicable terms and conditions, for approving nominations to the Sharjah Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation in the Administrative Sciences in the Arab Region, are as follows
- The university granting the doctorate degree should be an accredited university.
- The dissertation topic should be original and non-tackled previously to obtain any scientific degree.
- The dissertation should be based on a sound scientific methodology and viably applicable as a field study.
- The research community should be co-related to one of the Arab countries.
- The dissertation findings should be convincing and have positive return on improving services and achieving public benefits.
- The dissertation findings and recommendations should be of benefit when they are being applied in the Arab organizations.
- Enlisting dissertation must have been approved not later than two years from submitting date to the award nomination.
- The dissertation should be written in Arabic or in English, with a sufficient well- structured abstract in Arabic, according to the report framework of the award.
How to Apply
- A hard copy of the nominated dissertation should be submitted together, with a comprehensive report, in accordance with, the framework highlighted in the award application form on the website. (To download the application, please click)
- 3 electronic copies of dissertation should be submitted together with the comprehensive report on 3 CDs/ Flash memories, (word document file), however, the PDFs shall not be acceptable، The electronic or hard copies shall not be returned after announcing the winners.
- Filling in the application form means approving the availability of the hard copy of the dissertation in ARADO library and providing the Arabic Management Portal (Ibda’a) with the electronic copy.
- The dissertation (hard copy) shall be sent attached with 3 CDs/ Flash memories.
- The CD/ flash memory shall include:
- 1 An electronic copy of dissertation in a word document file conforming to the hard copy of dissertation.
- 2 Copy of the Ph.D. degree certificate.
- 3 Copy of the passport.
- 4 Report framework.
Nomination documents should be sent to ARADO (headquarters) on the following address:
2 Al Hegaz Street, Roxy, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
P.O.: 2692 Al Hurreya Post Office 11736, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
About the Award
The Award aims to honor and encourage the outstanding researchers through selecting the best doctoral dissertation in the field of administrative sciences in order to develop theoretical and empirical knowledge in management and administrative development in the Arab world. Sharjah Government, Sharjah University and the Arab Administrative Development Organization cooperate together in this effort.